Boston Consulting Group reports that start-ups founded and co-founded by women generate 10% more cumulative revenue over five years. Women-owned businesses provide direct employment to between 22 and 27 million people, and a Bain and Co. report titled ‘Women Entrepreneurs in India’ also suggests that women entrepreneurs can create between 150 and 170 million jobs for 2030.
To build on and work towards this goal, Dell Technologies launched the Dell Women’s Entrepreneur Network (DWEN) global networking community in 2009. DWEN aims to connect like-minded Women Entrepreneurs (WEs) around the world and support them with cutting-edge technology. . , expert advice and industry insights so you can meet your challenges and grow your business together.
DWEN meetings for women entrepreneurs
DWEN will host multiple meetups across the country to bring together female founders and ecosystem facilitators to share their knowledge and mentor other budding entrepreneurs to scale their businesses.
The Delhi edition of this DWEN networking meeting was held on October 14th at Saket Socials, DLF Avenue Mall, New Delhi, with a fireside chat and keynote address.
The keynote address on ‘Marketing 101: How to Scale Your Startup Using Effective Marketing Strategies’ was delivered by Smiti Bhatt Deorah, Co-Founder and COO of Advantage Club. Advantage Club is a global platform for employee engagement and financial wellness, with benefits like perks, rewards, and early access to salary in a unified platform. He oversees various functions, including business development, marketing, customer relations, and content operations.
Here are some tips from his speech:
1. Make sure you market your brand well and that your marketing strategy matches your product.
two. Partner with brands that serve the same audience as you, but offer a different product.
3. Create a mix of earned, paid, and owned media.
Four. Connect with your peers by participating in events – it’s the best tool to build your brand awareness, find customers and grow your business.
Ritu Gupta, Country Marketing Director, Dell Technologies, participated in an informal chat with the audience. He explained the importance of technology in manufacturing, how DWEN programs are planned and executed, what kind of mentoring and support DWEN provides, and encouraged the audience to register on the DWEN platform.
To hear the conclusions of his talk to the audience at the DWEN Delhi meeting,
Inspirational Journeys by DWEN EntreprenHERS
DWEN India has seen hundreds of entrepreneurs join the community since its inception and benefit from the extensive technology resources, expert advice and support it provides. Here are five DWEN entrepreneurs who shared their journeys in their respective fields.
1. Parvinder Kaur is the Director of Finance and Operations for Arrow PC Network Pvt. Ltd., an IT services integration company, where he manages finance, marketing and operations.
Within Arrow, Parvinder created the self-help group Disha, a platform to empower women and help them develop leadership qualities. She is involved with Womennovator, a global incubator for women, and also works with various NGOs.
2. Mansi Mahansaria is the founder of Just Deliveries, a logistics platform for perishables and food service chains. She is a Polymer Tech and MBA graduate who is passionate about reducing food waste by enabling an intra-city delivery backbone for food businesses. The company was born out of the realization of the need for reliable and affordable logistics for B2B sales.
The company aggregates cold storage and vehicles and manages supply chains for QSR and fresh and frozen food brands. Its network of delivery vans help move smaller inventory of groceries to retailers, e-commerce players, and restaurants.
3. Akshita Agrawal She is an advocate by profession, an entrepreneur by choice, and a dancer by passion. As an advocate, she practices criminal and matrimonial law at the Delhi District and High Court, where she helps women with domestic violence, divorce, alimony and more.
Akshita is the founder of On Pointè, a comprehensive corporate events company based in Delhi NCR (Pan India Operations).
4. Kavita Vinod is the owner and founder of Abhivyakti Collections, an Indian textile brand registered as a trademark. The company sells curated collections of handmade, handmade, and hand-embroidered products, among other things, throughout the world. Their mission is to promote our country’s rich textile heritage globally, which primarily involves working with weavers and artisans across India.
On the professional front, Kavita is a seasoned IT professional with over 20 years of experience in corporate training, content development, website development, and social media management.
5.Arshi Chadha He is the COO of Sunson Energy, a residential solar energy company. Sunson Energy markets itself as the easiest way to install rooftop solar panels and home batteries.
The company’s mission is to bring solar energy to every community, guided by its responsibility to empower its customers, the community and the planet. They are also looking to launch new solar and storage products for residential consumers to deal with power outages in a sustainable way.
DWEN is committed to supporting and empowering more women entrepreneurs to advance their businesses by taking full advantage of what Dell Technologies has to offer. If you are a woman or know someone who could benefit from this contest, this is your chance to benefit from this brilliant opportunity for growth.
Go to dwen.com to register and join the growing DWEN WhatsApp community here to be part of the supportive community.