LG believes that diverse inclusive perspectives can lead to better innovation. LG NOVA, LG’s new Silicon Valley-based innovation hub, seeks to partner with innovative startups and entrepreneurs. With its global reach and infrastructure, LG believes it is ideally positioned to help these ideas succeed for the betterment of people, communities and the planet. LG NOVA Mission for the Future 2022 is a global startup engagement program for startups and entrepreneurs to pitch their ideas to LG.
Discover the open innovation program LG NOVA Mission for the Future 2022
The LG NOVA team and the Mission for the Future program were created to offer resources to nurture and grow business with startups. These resources include the opportunity to award funds to explore pilots and proofs of concept (POC) and/or equity investments where relevant.
Key Mission Focus Areas for the Future 2022
LG NOVA’s Mission for the Future seeks new and innovative solutions in six key areas that improve the quality of life for people, communities and the planet:
- digital health: Transforming the concept of health and wellness.
- metaverse and games: Creating immersive and limitless experiences for everyone.
- ESG and electric mobility: Accelerating the growth of sustainability.
- display solutions: Change the lifestyle of people and the community.
- smart lifestyle: Exploring new innovations to live better.
- open innovation: Discover new ideas that will help create the future.
Mission for the Future Benefits and Opportunities
Startups selected to advance in this program will enter a business acceleration and incubation program with the LG NOVA team to test and explore more business ideas. These businesses may also be eligible for the following benefits:
- Collaborate with LG for the potential opportunities to develop multi-million dollar commitments as new businesses within LG’s global innovation portfolio.
- To receive grants up to $100,000 for pilots, proofs of concept (POC) or development.
- To receive resources and potential investments of LG Electronics, LG Display and other subsidiaries of LG NOVA which could total in millions of dollars.
Important dates and program schedule
The deadline to submit your proposal is October 20. – apply now!
- Mid October to December: Evaluations and Selection Process. LG NOVA can invite companies to present their idea to the LG team and work with the EIRs.
- January 2023 onwards: Proposal/pilot idea formation process with the LG NOVA Incubation team. The commitment process continues.
The selected companies will enter into a six to nine month collaboration process with LG. This will be a time for evaluation, testing and piloting. Up to 10 companies will be selected as finalists.
Are you eligible for LG NOVA Mission for the Future?
Mission for the Future 2022 is open to all types of applicants, including:
- Companies of any size
- Academic Researchers
- research institutions
Teams and collaborative groups of one or more people or companies can also apply.
Why work with LG NOVA?
LG NOVA Entrepreneurs-in-Residence are well-versed in what it takes to take a business from startup to scale-up and beyond. They are motivated to develop market fit, advance customer product trials, align resources, find capital, facilitate introductions, and expand application ideas to help startups succeed. In addition, LG NOVA benefits from its strong network of corporate partners, public and private organizations, advisors, and industry leaders who are ready to build a better future.
Ready to collaborate with LG NOVA and globally scale your business? Apply today!
Sharing is showing interest!