Jim Young, an executive coach who works with leaders to eradicate burnout in their lives and businesses, joins Enterprise Radio. He is the author of the new book “Expansive Intimacy: How Tough Guys Defeat Burnout.”
This episode of Enterprise Radio is associated with the Author Channel.
Listen host Eric Dye and guest Jim Young discuss the following:
- What is different about burnout for men compared to other people?
- What is expansive intimacy?
- You use quotation marks around the term “Tough Guys” in the subtitle of the book, why?
- Why do you focus on men in corporate leadership roles when addressing burnout?
- What does Expansive Intimacy add to a leader’s toolkit?
- What is “social comparison shame”, as you describe it in the book, and what are its consequences?
- What is the link between improv comedy, expansive intimacy, and social responsibility?
- How does a guy take the first steps in creating expansive intimacy?
Jim Young is an executive coach who works with leaders to eradicate burnout in their lives and businesses. His personal mission is to help individuals and organizations beat burnout. Whether coaching a corporate leader, guiding a team through deep discovery, or speaking to a large audience, Jim activates audiences and creates powerful learning environments through a powerful combination of grounded expert research, his as a corporate executive and his experience as an improv comedian.
After graduating from the UMass Isenberg School of Management, Jim embarked on a 25-year career in the ranks of corporate leadership. After enduring a prolonged period of burnout, Jim made the leap and started his dream business in 2018. Through extensive training, through the Training of Trainers Institute and the Daniel Goleman Emotional Intelligence program, among others, has built a thriving practice working with individuals, teams, and organizations to help them create better relationships and organizational cultures.
People also heard this: Never Hire a Bad Salesperson Again with Dr. Christopher Croner of SalesDrive, LLC