TE Connectivity develops highly engineered solutions that power electric vehicles, aircraft, digital factories and smart homes. For more than 75 years, TE has partnered with customers to produce sensing and connectivity products that enable a connected world. With a strong focus on reliability and durability, TE’s wide range of products enables businesses, both large and small, to turn ideas into technology that transforms the way the world works and lives tomorrow. Against this background, TE is launching the “Power Up with E-mobility” startup challenge!
Discover the “Power Up with E-mobility” startup challenge
From the beginning, TE Connectivity has been one of the leading players in the electrification of mobility, working with nearly every automotive OEM and Tier 1 supplier worldwide. In essence, almost every car has a TE component!
The “Power Up with E-mobility” Startup Challenge is open to startups, small businesses and university research teams, and spin-offs working on technology solutions in four specific categories:
- Connect: TE seeks next-generation connectivity solutions that are faster, smaller, more reliable, and more efficient. How to get more from less?
- To protect: Pushing the limits of power and power density, also in combination with increased high-speed data communication, needs to be carefully managed. How to make electric mobility safer?
- Sense: Data can help improve almost everything: what information do you generate to drive the performance of electric mobility solutions?
- Other: Do you help advance electric mobility in another way? Don’t hesitate to apply! TE is always interested in innovative technologies that enable the future of electric mobility.
Additionally, your solution must be at least at Tech Readiness Level 6.
For more information, TE creates high-voltage sensing and connectivity solutions that are the electrical foundation for safe and reliable zero-emission cars. TE’s EV product range covers the full spectrum of EV power transfer, providing safe, reliable, durable and efficient electrical system connectivity that meets the highest power ratings and thermal and vibration requirements demanded by consumers. design engineers.
Explore the benefits of the “Power Up with E-mobility” startup challenge
Six of the top candidates will be invited to an exclusive internal preview event where they will have the opportunity to interact with TE’s business and engineering leadership, as well as subject matter experts. In addition to the cash prize, TE offers the following benefits to the six finalists:
- cash prize: $30,000 to a final winner, no equity and no strings attached.
- Expert Collaboration– Interact closely with TE Engineering in an intensive and intimate two-day collaboration.
- Internal Access: Enjoy access to TE’s experts, products, tools, processes and data, as well as its deep understanding of the requirements of the automotive and transportation industry.
- executive networks: Gain exposure to TE’s senior leadership from its business, engineering, strategy, M&A and marketing teams.
- Potential pilot project: TE may offer the six finalists the opportunity to subsequently collaborate on a proof of concept (PoC) or pilot project with TE’s transportation solutions segment.
- worldwide advertising: A public press announcement of the six finalists and the winner through TE’s communication channels.
Your applications will be evaluated by TE’s Transportation Solutions segment leadership functions, which is comprised of four business units: Automotive, Industrial and Commercial Transportation, Sensors and Application Tools, as well as leadership of the Transportation Solutions business unit. senior engineering, product management, strategy, and marketing teams.
Important Dates and Challenge Schedule
- the last appointment to submit your application is November 4, 2022.
- Application evaluation ends at the end of November 2022.
- The virtual launch events will take place between December 6 and 8, 2022.
More about exclusive virtual launch events
Day 1: December 6, 2022 – An exclusive launch event for the six finalists will be held online for a global internal TE audience.
Day 2: December 7, 2022 – Following the launch event, each finalist will be paired with a team of shortlisted TE engineers for a virtual collaboration session. The total time window for this teamwork will be around 40 hours. The objective of the collaboration is to apply the applicants’ technology to a new or improved product, process or service.
Day 3: December 8, 2022 – Finally, on the third day, the joint proposals will be presented with real-time scoring by a jury followed by the selection of the winner.
Ready to create a more secure, sustainable, productive and connected future with TE Connectivity? Apply today!
Sharing is showing interest!